- The Constitution of Zambia (1991) which contains the Bill of Rights: (https://elections.org.zm/media/constitution_of_zambia_technical_committee__-_23rd_october_2014.pdf)
- The Constitution of Zambia (Amendment) Act No. 2 of 2016. The Constitution provides for the establishment of the Electoral Commission of Zambia: (http://www.parliament.gov.zm/sites/default/files/documents/amendment_act/Constitution%20of%20Zambia%20%20%28Amendment%29%2C%202016-Act%20No.%202_0.pdf)
- The Electoral Commission Act No. 25 of 2016 contains provisions for the administration of the Electoral Commission of Zambia and the composition of the Commission (https://elections.org.zm/media/44807-ecz.pdf)
- The Electoral Process Act No. 35 of 2016 stipulates the processes for holding of the polls: (https://elections.org.zm/media/the_electoral_process_act_no._35_2016.pdf)
- The Referendum Act Cap 14 of the laws of Zambia provides for processes for holding of a referendum. (http://elections.org.zm/media/electoral_acts.pdf) CONTAINS: The Constitution of Zambia; The Electoral Act; Local Government Elections; Referendum Act; The Electoral Commission Act.
- Regulations pertaining to electoral procedures, voter registration, voter education and referenda.(http://elections.org.zm/media/regulations_voter_registration15.pdf)
The Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) draws its mandate from the Constitution of the Republic of Zambia and statutes stipulated by the Legislature. The following laws guide the Electoral Commission of Zambia;